December 5, 2008



lara glenum





*



Normalcore


Beware the Normopath............. knocking honey
into your facegrill

Crustyflaps
will crush your teeth into smiling

Give the Normopath a flabjob
&
watch his boomstick blow & break
open your eye




Minkycore


I’m flexing my eye-pods
& feeling nasty
...........................I milk
...........................the Normopath
............& lube out into a sea of congealed pig organs





..............The woods laugh out a skin




My eye-pods break open &
A hundred other eyes
roll out




I’m filing down my hooves


I’m waiting for Mino
with a thousand open legs






*








Lara Glenum is the author of The Hounds of No (Action Books, 2005) and the about-to-be-released Maximum Gaga (Action Books), from which the above poems are taken. She is also the co-editor of Gurlesque, an anthology of contemporary women's poetry and visual art, with Arielle Greenberg (Saturnalia Books, 2009). She lives in Athens, GA.